First Person on Scene (FPOS) – Level 1
The main purpose of the First Person on Scene (FPOS) Level 1 course is the emergency life support and non-emergency care of an ill or injured person, applying first aid techniques with the use of special equipment such as oxygen cylinders & automated external defibrillator.
The First Person on Scene program shall prepare the participants to be able to fully support a victim of injury until the arrival of Emergency Medical Services.
Who may enroll:
Persons willing to provide emergency assistance at work or other high risk activities such as workers in security forces, rescue crews or cabin staff as well as to any other seeking specialized training with a senior title.
15 hours (2 days).
- Definitions / International Protocols
- Basic Human Physiology
- Legal protection
- Protective barriers
- Psychology of the rescuer
- Calling the E.M.S.
Life Threatening Conditions
- Heart Attack
- Ventricular Fibrillation (sudden cardiac arrest)
- Airway obstruction
- Severe bleeding
- Physical shock
- Anaphylactic shock
Adult Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Recognize a respiratory arrest
- Breathing management
- Circulatory management
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Recovery position
Automatic External Defibrillation (Adult A.E.D.)
- Describe the A.E.D.
- Operation of an A.E.D.
- Connecting the A.E.D. with the victim
- Voice prompts A.E.D.
- Maintenance and Safety of the A.E.D.
- Results of using the A.E.D.
Emergency Oxygen Administration
- Constant Flow Cylinder
- Non rebreather mask
- Oro-nasal resuscitation mask
- Bag Valve Mask (B.V.M.)
First Aid (Common Illness Treatment)
- Illness assessment
- Using the Epi – Pen or Ana Pen
- Febrile convulsions
- Acute hypothermia
- Heatstroke and Heat Exhaustion
- Loss of consciousness
First Aid (Treatment of Common Injuries)
- Sprains and muscle contusions
- Burns and scalds
- Nose bleeding
- Foreign object injuries
- Head injuries
- Eye injuries
- Teeth injuries
- Spinal Injuries
- Bites and stings
- Internal bleeding
- Minor injuries treatment
- Chest trauma
- Written with multiple choice questions
- Practical with object & scenarios performance
The result of the examination shows the objective score and leads to success or failure.
The program includes:
- Seminar folder
- First Aid Handbooks
- Personal materials for the participant
- Certification Fee
- Certificate of successful completion
Prerequisites to enroll:
The program is open to all adults without any restriction or prerequisite.